Friday, June 18, 2010

There's No Place Like Home!

My Bestie, Kenneth and I decided to see the midnight showing of the A-Team at the Star Southfield. If you have not been here, I suggest you visit just to sight see. The outside entrance reminds me of the wizard of oz, the ground at least. The entrance right beneath the marquee is dazzled with glitter inside the ground. I wish I would've taken a picture but I was kind of in awe. The enchantment does not stop there, the ceiling in the lobby (where the concession stand and ticket booth is located) is lavished with the twelve signs of the zodiac as they appear in the sky. I could not resist taking pictures of this.

The awe just about wore off as the movie started. Not having seen one episode of the original television series, I entered the theater with nothing to compare it to. In my opinion it was kinda awesome. It starts off with how the group came to be. Four army rangers in Mexico at the right place at the right time. Hannibal, played by Liam Neeson, is the team leader. He is the mastermind behind a majority of their special operation tactics. Then there is Face, played by Bradley Cooper, who is there because he's hot? I think he is in charge of ammunitions. Sharlto Copley (Who you probably recognize as the news reported from District 9) Who plays an even loonier role as the team's pilot. Last but not least is B.A. (Bad Attituide), who is played by Actor and professional MMA fighter Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

Their serendipitous adventures will have you biting your nails, particularly the flying of a tank, of on their last rendezvous which takes place at a shipyard (which I won't spoil for any of you who have not seen it).

This movie will have you second guessing your own eyes at time, which is what I love. If there is one thing I can't stand is movies that are predictable and this is anything but. But don't blink because you might miss something so make sure you empty your bladder and have enough to much on.

The perfect combination of action and comedy will reel you in as it did me. Go and see it now!

No comments: