I know from experience that when something negative happens to us, we have one of two choices. We can choose dark and or light. And my first instinct is to choose dark. because its so easy to just give up and not do anything. "For what we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are—and who we will become." I dopnt love negativity and nor will I seek it, I don't want to be surrounded by negativity whether people or situations.
"He loves every one of us, even those who are flawed, rejected, awkward, sorrowful, or broken. God’s love is so great that He loves even the proud, the selfish, the arrogant, and the wicked."
What this means is that, regardless of our current state, there is hope for us. No matter our distress, no matter our sorrow, no matter our mistakes, our infinitely compassionate Heavenly Father desires that we draw near to Him so that He can draw near to us.
I am not God and I do not think I am capable of changing people who are set in their ways. So I give up. I know God would never give up on anyone, but today i am giving up on those people that bring me and the people down around me. I tried to look past the lies and excuse and give her the benefit of the doubt but I've seen your true colors and I'm through. Time to focus on me and the people who really matter to me.
1 comment:
I really like this post, Lillian. Thanks for saying those things. It was exactly what I needed to hear today.
Post a Comment