i am not into being all emotional, but it happens every now and then. there is a season for everything. But i was looking into some talks based on some feelings i was experiencing that i have never experienced before. Thus saying that, Thomas S. Monson is the man. He cited a portion of this poem by Alfred Tennyson entitled crossing the bar.
Poetry speaks to me. serenading me with stanzas of life, love and death, in that order. sinks into my bones, caresses my muscles, soothes my soul. when musical notes only provide me with shelter from the storm. lines of angelou, hughes and dickinson, fill my cup with raindrops. swallowing slowly, savoring every sip. Alfred Tennyson has done that for me yesterday. slowly filling my cup. Another flavor is needed today i feel. bottoms up!
Crossing the Bar
by Alfred, Lord Tennyson (1809 – 1892)
SUNSET and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,
But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.
Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;
For tho’ from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crossed the bar.
-lilli-
4 comments:
what a lovely writer you are, Lilly, I think that the way you write is very poetic and beautiful and deep, and I'm glad Thomas S. Monson and poetry does the same for you. Love ya!
thanks stephi :)
i think you are a terrible terrible writer
i think you are a terrible person, so i guess we're even. :)
Post a Comment